I haven't read it, but I have a few friends who have and they have explained it to me......(I'm not a doctor, but I play one on T.V. )
In case you have never heard of it and have no idea what I am talking about, here is a video clip that explains the concept by the authors, Bill and Pam Farrel.
It is true.
Rainman and I are so different.
We have trouble talking to each other....without one of us getting frustrated, or, let's be honest here....angry.
Rainman thinks of one thing at a time. He does one thing at a time. One little waffle square at a time. You know?
I don't do that.
I can't do that.
I have got noodles all over the place. (Sometimes literally with the little people I live with! )
I usually do a pretty good job multi-tasking and keeping track of all of my noodles.
Lately though, I have been longing to be a waffle....even if it is only for a little while.
My problem is that I have so many things(noodles) to think about and try to accomplish that I am not getting any of them done.
Right now, I am trying to:
- Plan for school (starting next Monday)
- Find all the books/supplies needed for next Monday (I know they are here somewhere....)
- Support A-girl (she started a more traditional school this week with D-man)
- Get my bookkeeping work done for the company I work for
- Type up the invoice for D-man's lawn mowing business (I know....he should do it himself, huh?)
- Try to come up with a MicroBusiness or two for myself
- Decide whether or not having a renter in our basement apartment will be a good thing or a bad thing (Anyone know of a nice little old lady looking for a new home? Does she like kids?)
- Try to pick and settle on a paint color for my kitchen cabinets....island....various furniture pieces
- Try to commit and actually hammer a nail into the wall and hang stuff up around here
- Organize my living room in a way that doesn't have it overflowing with furniture and bookshelves, but has the things I need nearby
- Figure out how to give my bedroom a makeover without spending a ton of money. Romantic or cute?
- Keep things clean
- Restart past chore systems, so I am not the only one keeping things clean
- Remember to mop the bathroom floor
- Eat my new way, which has been great - but requires lots of planning and thinking ahead (Trim Healthy Mama)
- Read Insurgent and Fault in our Stars.....plus many, many other Non-fiction selections that are waiting for me
- Remember to pull weeds and trim bushes (or assign that to someone)
- Learn new songs for praise team
- Use products and remember to take notes for writing reviews on them
- Keep track of my review deadlines
- Wonder if my friend, Sherri, is having a great trip to see her family
- Be Samson, and get started writing a book (which I think will just be a compilation of things I have learned in life.....mistakes I have made.....stuff that works for our family.....funny stories from my blog)
- Decide if the above book makes sense and if anyone would actually read it (should I care?)
- Figure out how to update the cover picture on my blog
- Try to remember to get my kids to pose in front of our fridge at the new house
- Organize our craft/sewing room so it makes sense and we can easily find/see all our fabrics and yarn
- Remember to do laundry (before I walk into my bedroom at night and see the pile that I have meant to wash for the last 2 days)
- Not to get too tied up in my lists and my computer that I forget to just love on my kids and play a round of Old Maid when they ask me to
- Not miss my family too much(visits are bittersweet and I just got back from seeing them all)
- Tell the lady from A Love Beyond Borders that we just can't afford to adopt those 3 sweet little girls....
- To figure out a way for us to adopt those 3 sweet little girls
- Research whether A-girl's fruit sensitivity is actual an fructose allergy
- Decide whether to intervene in the current sibling fight I hear in the basement
- Try to work on all the things the financial planner told us to work on, so Rainman can actually retire someday
- Schedule eye appointments for Rainman, D-man, and A-man (who has been getting headaches)
- Get physicals for Rainman and I scheduled so we can get our reward from our HSA account....I think I have until September 1st....oh, that is almost here, isn't it?
- Figure out a way for my waffle hubby to understand me better....and vice versa.....